5. How can I report hate crime?

If it is an emergency you can call the Police on 999. 

If it is not an emergency and you want to tell the police directly, you can call 101.

You can fill in a form on the True Vision or the Report Racism Gypsy, Roma, Traveller websites.  The report will be sent to your local police station.


Do I have to give my name?

If you want the hate crime to be investigated then you will need to give your name and contact details.

But you do not have to give your name if you do not want to.  Your report will still help to build up a picture of the hate crimes that Gypsies, Travellers and Roma experience.


What will happen next?

The police are required to investigate every hate crime reported to them.

Even if the police cannot prosecute, by reporting the crime it will be easier to get them to put things in place to help stop it happening again in the future.