7. Videos and other useful resources
Traveller Movement guide on:
- challenging social media hate speech - Factsheet
- challenging written hate speech - Factsheet with letter template
Friends, Families and Travellers report racism poster.
Marc Willers QC (Garden Court Chambers) wrote a fantastic article about hate crime against GTR people.
Traveller Movement hate crime briefing.
Traveller Movement interim discrimination survey.
For more useful resources, visit our dedicated webpage.
Leeds GATE produced a short film to raise awareness of Gypsies and Travellers experiences of hate crime in West Yorkshire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG1WBrFc6rE Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¯Ã�Â¿Ã�Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â
Travelling Ahead working with young Gypsies and Travellers has produced a number of videos sharing young peopleÃ�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¢Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¯Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¿Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¯Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¿Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â½s experiences. http://www.travellingahead.org.uk/rights-advice/report-hate-crime/
They also made a film called Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¢Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¯Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¿Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¯Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¿Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â½Travellers TalesÃ�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¢Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¯Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¿Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¯Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â¿Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â½ to dispel myths about Gypsies and Travellers. http://www.travellingahead.org.uk/projects/tackling-hate-crime/
Article 12 in Scotland have also produced a film, made by a group of young Gypsies and Travellers, which raises the issue of hate crime. https://vimeo.com/143010964
Here are some of the organisations who are supporting the #OperationReportHate campaign
- Article 12
- Leeds GATE
- Herts GATE
- Irish Community Care Merseyside
- Travelling Ahead
- Gypsy Council Cooperative
- The Romani Cultural and Arts Company
- Open Society
- Gypsy Roma Traveller Police Association
- True Vision
- National Federation of Gypsy Liaison Groups
- Rene Cassin
- Travellers' Times
- Irish Chaplaincy's Traveller Equality Project
- Joseph Rownree Charitable Trust
- Southwark Travellers' Action Group
If you or your organisation would like to lend your support to the campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other online reporting sites
iStreetWatch is a website http://www.istreetwatch.co.uk/ created in response to the rise in street harassment following the referendum result.
- It is connected to Google maps to create a visual map of racist and xenophobic incidents in the UK as they happen.
- Moderators publish the reports online to the map and timeline so that people can see when and where harassment is happening.
- People are also asked to visit the site to take a pledge to challenge racism and xenophobia and speak up when it is safe to do so.
C.O.N.T.A.C.T is a European Union supported project that aims to do something about this through a hate crime recording website and phone app, training of police and officials and research into hate crime. Report hate crime here: reporthate.eu
Report.Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¯Ã�Â¿Ã�Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â Record.Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¯Ã�Â¿Ã�Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â Resolve.