6. I don't want to go directly to the police: third party reporting centres

If you feel more comfortable, you can also go through a Gypsy, Traveller and Roma ‘third-party reporting centre’ who can take your story and pass it on to the authorities (if you want them to). You can report hate crimes through the following places.

Report Racism GRT is a website and reporting site set-up by Herts GATE.

Travelling Ahead is based in Wales and works with young Gypsies, Travellers and Roma.  

Article 12 is based in Scotland and works with some of the most marginalised young people in Scotland, including Gypsy/Travellers. 

Irish Community Care Merseyside works with the Irish and Irish Traveller communities across Merseyside and Cheshire.

Leeds GATE is a member organisation for Gypsy and Traveller people in West Yorkshire


Alternatively, there are lots of other organisations that would be happy to help you with any hate crime issues:

London Gypsy and Traveller Unit

Friends, Families and Travellers (based in Brighton)

The Traveller Movement's Equality and Social Justice Unit