The Traveller Movement works towards building and strengthening the capacity of individuals, groups and networks to participate in UK wide decision making processes. This can then happen at local, regional and national levels. It is made possible through the provision and facilitation of user friendly training and information as well as lending support towards self advocacy. We offer a monthly advice and information
Below are some of the training programmes that we have delivered to date
- CSCS Card in partnership with Youth Construction
- Beauty the Safe Way
- Work in the Community
- Setting up a Community Residents Group
- Work with Organisations, Local Authorities and Statutory Bodies
Please contact the Partnership Officer if you would like to discuss or are interested in our Training programmes
Training for Professionals
Training and awareness raising is at the forefront of all TM policy and development. All our current training packages are developed from firsthand experience and in consultation with the Traveller communities.
The approach we use to devise and deliver our training is interculturalism. Interculturalism accepts the principles of equality of rights, values and abilities but equally incorporates the development of policies to promote interaction, collaboration and exchange with people of different cultures, ethnicity or religion living in the same locality. We offer in-house customized training but also organise TM-based standard trainings for selected members of your staff.
All training packages are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers and co-facilitated by members of the Traveller communities. We can deliver tailored training to suit the requirements of your organisation which include
- Planning and tailoring the training
- Agreeing parameters for the training with participants
- The use of co-facilitators
- Knowledge of policy context and legal framework.
- Clear knowledge of anti-racism and methods of building anti-racism equality into the ethos, policies and practices of organisations/institutions.
- Strategies for dealing with challenges
- Evaluation and monitoring
Fees for customized training
Half-day (3 hrs) training:
- £654.50 (inclusive )
Full-day (6hrs) training:
- £951.50 (inclusive )
All prices are based on training delivered within M25 and include travel costs. Additional charges will apply outside of M25.
For booking and enquiries, download the Training for Professionals needs assessment form and please contact Yvonne on 0207 6072002
Training delivery to date has included Local Authorities, Police, Legal Firms, Prison Service, Probation Services, Social Services, Health and Wellbeing teams, Community Safety teams, Civil Society Organisations.
Some of our current training packages include
- Introduction to Gypsy and Traveller culture, history and traditions
- Developing and delivering services to Gypsy and Traveller communities
- Domestic and Sexual Abuse .
- Gypsy and Travellers and the Media
- Gypsy and Traveller community and Health Awareness.
- Gypsy and Traveller community and Mental Health
- Gypsy and Traveller community and Education
- Safeguarding awareness for Gypsy and Traveller communities
- Engaging and Development of Youth services
- Gender Equality
- Introduction to Social Policy on Gypsy and Traveller issues