Policy and Campaigns Manager Vacancy
Policy and Campaigns Manager (Fixed term contract)
An exciting opportunity to work with the Traveller Movement, a leading national charity working with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Communities. We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual with excellent professional credentials and experience in the policy and public affairs field to undertake the role of Policy and Campaigns Manager. The ideal candidate will have 4/5 years' experience working in the equalities, social justice, and/or related policy fields. They will play a crucial role in determining and developing TM policy research and campaigning objectives and how best to achieve them.
Applicants can download the job description and person specification here.
Closing date: 12pm January 18th 2019
Interview date: 30th Janaury 2019
Please send your completed application to email@example.com
Salary: 32-35k pro rata
Looking for an immediate start.
Communications and public Affairs Intern: Paid placement
Period: January/February -March 31th 2019 (looking immediate start)
The Traveller Movement (TM) is a leading London based national charity committed to the fulfilment of human rights for the Gypsy Roma Traveller (GRT) communities
The charity a strong track record of producing robust and thought-provoking reports and research that have informed and shaped policy relating to Gypsies, Travellers and Roma. TM also campaigns on a wide range of issues such as discrimination, criminal justice, education and health and has brought a number of prominent legal challenges that have shaped policy and practice in these areas.
TM is looking for highly motivated and competent intern with bags of initiative and drive, who wants to gain first-hand experience in political lobbying, public policy and communications work to join its busy office for three months.
Tasks will include:
• Political and social research on a wide range of issues
• Social media support
• Handling in-coming media enquiries and writing for the press.
• Updating our social media channels
• Drafting content and updating our website
• Drafting our monthly policy e- bulletin.
• Assist in creating political campaigning content that has strategic impact for our communications and lobbying channels both in digital and in print.
• Drafting briefings for MPs and Peers
• Drafting and proposing Parliamentary Questions
• Undertaking FOI requests
• Tracking relevant political events in Parliament and Government
• Attending meetings with MPs and Peers
• Helping to organise Parliamentary events
• Providing administrative support to the team
What skills do we want from you?
• A good understanding of the political process and how Parliament operates
• Excellent written and communications skills
• Must have a good knowledge and ability of using Jomla and WordPress
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Experience and understanding in digital and social media and how a charity could effectively use them to communicate key messages
• Some experience of research
• Some experience organising events (desirable, not essential)
• A passion for human rights and promoting equality
• A self-starter with bags of initiative, creativity and drive
• A good sense of humour and able to muck in!
Start date. Although there is some flexibility in the starting date, the ideal candidate will be able to start in February 2019.
Days: Spread over three/four days a week (pro-rata)
Duration: three months with possibility of extension
Deadline: 23 January 2019
How to apply: To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to: