The Traveller Movement (TM), formally known as the Irish Traveller Movement in Britain, gained charitable status in 2003 and directed their services towards marginalised Irish Travellers in the UK. In 2008, TM widened their network and services to engage with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people.
What we do
We have developed an expertise in tackling local issues whilst shaping national policies. It has become a recognised bridge between the GRT sector, service providers and policy makers, stimulating debate and promoting forward-looking strategies to advance equality, civic engagement, inclusion and community cohesion.
We deliver work in a number of different areas:
- Research –mapping and collating an evidence base for change.
- Policy and lobbying –on a wide range issues to ensure inclusion.
- Campaign- for human rights, equality and justice.
- Access to Justice –casework, advocacy and support, development of multimedia educational resources on a wide range of issues
- Community Development –harnessing community skills to strengthen community voice, participation and self-advocacy.
- Economic Inclusion – creating and facilitating progressive career opportunities
The work you are doing is fantastic- Webinar Attendee