Where to find support?
If you are confused or struggling with your sexual or gender identity, that is okay. You have a right to support. Below we have listed a few key organisations that offer LGBT+ support, but you can find a longer list within our information sheet for LGBT+ people and their families.
Safety planning, information and support:
- GALOP (0207 704 2040): GALOP are an LGBT and anti-violence charity.
They have a variety of safety tips
- LGBT Switchboard (0300 330 0630): a charity that provides confidential advice to members of the LGBT community
- Gendered Intelligence (0330 3559 678) work with the trans community and those who impact on trans lives
- LGBT Foundation (0345 3 30 30 30): a national charity delivering a wide range of services to LGBT communitie
- Stonewall’s guide to coming out
- LGBT Catholics Westminster run support groups for members of the LGBT community
- Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (FFLAG): A national charity dedicated to supporting parents and their lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans sons and daughters
- Proud 2 B Parents: services include: a monthly drop- in, a youth group for children of LGBT parents, activities and events and much more
LGBT Helpful Guides
We have created a helpful guide for LGBT people and their families to seek support